Empower yourself! On this page, you will find a selection of links to small business resources. In the next few months we will be adding more links to cover tax, registration, labor and financial topics that are crucial to every small business.
- Virginia State minimum wage for 2013 - $7.25
- Virginia State Business Entity Search tool - https://sccefile.scc.virginia.gov/BusinessEntity/BusinessEntitySearch.aspx
- Virginia State Business Tax information - http://www.tax.virginia.gov/site.cfm?alias=BusinessHome
- Internal Revenue Service, small business information - http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/index.html
- Debt Help Organization - www.debt.org
2013 tax tables -
Quick Guide to Registering a Business in Loudoun County -
1. Determine Your Business Structure and Register with Virginia State Corporation Commission;
2. Register your Business Name with Clerk of the Circuit Court;
3. Obtain EID Number with Internal Revenue Service;
4. Obtain a Business License from the Loudoun County Commissioner of the Revenue;
5. Register for Business Personal Property Tax with the Loudoun County Commissioner of the Revenue;
6. Register with the Virginia Department of Taxation and the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulaton (as necessary);
7. Obtain Building/zoning Permits, if required, from the Department of Building & Development.
For additional Loudoun County Business Services, please explore here.
Please note: Perfect Balance LLC is not responsible for the content of external websites. Following the links above implicitly constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of this agreement.